Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Study Buddies!!



Last week my youngest son had a big social studies test and he wanted me to help him study. At first I would read the definitions and he would tell me the vocabulary term, this didn't work so well. I felt he needed more time to study by himself before I could quiz him.....which brings me to the topic of this blog....studying!


We went online to the site Quizlet and registered for the free account. It was easy to set up and once the words and definitions were in the program (allows for set to be accessible to everyone or certain users), he could study multiple ways, play games, and finally take a test. Quizlet can be played on the ipad by using Safari. The Quizlet site also recommends some other ipad apps for studying sets. The best way to view the list is to click on the hyperlink text your reading.

Spelling City is another site that runs on the ipad by using the Safari app and you guessed it, a good way to learn your spelling words!


Other notable apps to help students study:

Evernote Peek--this app looks motivational for students, might take some time to prep, but think it would be good! Will only work on the ipad2 with the magnetic smart cover.
Flashcards app
Study Aid app


I'm interested to hear if there are any other study helpers that will run on the ipad....



No comments:

Post a Comment